The above photo was taken on 27th October 2012, during BigBang's Alive Tour Concert in MALAYSIA. <3
......................................
..................... Move your cursor over them to see them dancing! (If they're not already)

Thursday, November 8, 2012

How I got myself BIGBANG-ified

I've never been into KPOP. Never. I never liked songs which I don't understand the lyrics because lyrics are just as important as the melody to me. A lot of my friends have already entered the KPOP world, though, and my younger sister Cathy had started listening to kpop songs since it's really a norm among her schoolmates.

I've listened to some Kpop songs before, of course - I don't live in a cave, but mostly those songs which got really famous, like SuJu's Sorry, Wonder Girls' Nobody, SNSD's Gee. But I was never really attracted, they're catchy, yeah, but that's it. Full stop. I really liked SuJu's Superman, though; it's a cool song.

And then, during one fine day in early MAY 2012, when Cathy and I were chatting at home, she introduced me a song which she thought was really good. It was BigBang's Blue. [you can listen to it here BigBang - Blue MV] She didn't show me the MV then, just the song, just the MP3. And I. WAS. TOTALLY. HOOKED. YES, TOTALLY.

Gosh, that song WAS GENIUS. Honestly, from the background music, to the rapping, to the singing, to heck JUST EVERY SINGLE THING ABOUT IT WAS LOVE. It's my kind of music.

So, being the pretty good cyber stalker that I am, I went on to search for BigBang. And I found out that the leader, G-Dragon - forgive me, before that I really had NO IDEA who he was - was the one who PRODUCED the song. I was like, WHAT? THE LEADER OF BIGBANG WAS THE ONE WHO PRODUCED BLUE? And after more stalkings, I found out that most of the songs of BigBang are produced, written, or at least co-written by GD. I couldn't help it. I was totally fawning over them then.

I'm a person who loves music. And I've got so much respect for the people who can make their own songs. To sing the song which are produced by your own is honestly WAY BETTER than singing songs that your purchased from some ace producer. To me, your song, YOU SING IT. 'Cause you're the one who'll have the most 'feel' when you sing it. But I don't hate on people who don't produce their own songs of course, I know you can't wish for everything. Some people are damn bluddy good in singing but they just didn't have the talent to produce fine songs.
And it's not just GD, ya know, it's LIKE THE WHOLE SET OF IT. ALL of the members of BigBang have got their own style and charm that you can't help but fall in love with every single one of them.


G-DRAGON.The charismatic leader; he can sing, he can dance, he can rap, he can produce, he knows fashion like a mathematician knows his math; and his SMILE, you just CAN'T help from smiling together with him when he smiles. (MY BIAS, together with DAESUNG)

TAEYANG, the swaggish dancer and vocalist, the one who is so thrifty he could just spend ONLY 1,000 WON (MIND YOU THAT'S RM2.80 or USD0.90!) in a month! 
He's a good listener and he's very shy around ladies. Hoho that makes him cuter! ^o^


T.O.P, the DROP DEAD GORGEOUS MOUTH-WATERING creation of GOD, the deep-voiced rapper of the group. The funny noisy person but he's changed his style to cool, matured look in this Still Alive comeback. EITHER WAY HE IS STILL GORGEOUS.

DAESUNG, the SMILING ANGEL of the group, the powerful and strong vocalist who can just melt your heart with his powerful voice, the CUTEST and most adorable thing in BigBang. (MY BIAS, together with GD)

SEUNGRIthe maknae, the youngest of the group. The GOD DAMN confident fella who didn't know how to spell TIMID, the one also with good looks although sorry no one can beat TOP, the one person who has the ability of being both be a celebrity and a manager of a celebrity at the same time 'cause he's just that awesome.


Anyways, my heart was very much falling for BigBang already. And I started watching their MVs and old songs like Lies, Love Song, Stupid Liar, WHICH WERE ALL REALLY GOOD. I especially liked their BAD BOY MV. They've got so much swag in it and it's just the kind of MV I'd replay and replay all over again.

So that's it, I couldn't elaborate more on how I love them. Fact is, when you LOVE AND SUPPORT SOMEONE, you couldn't quantify or list down your infatuation, it's subjective and qualitative. You just love them, and that's the way it is, nuff said.

And that's my BigBang story. What's yours? :)

Till then,
Carmen N.
VIP until whenever~ 

No comments:

Post a Comment